Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

:D


Over the last several months, I’ve had many people call my style “mediocre”, “cliché”, and “amateur”, just to name a few – and frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.[1] I’ve wanted to draw anime since before everyone started having a bloody turd about it, and that’s what I’m doing. My style for drawing people is influenced by Lynn Okamoto (Elfen Lied and Nononono), backgrounds are influenced by Jhonen Vasquez (Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, Squee, I Feel Sick, and Invader Zim), and my shading is influenced by Hidekazu Himura (Hetalia). If that’s cliché, then the word has no meaning. Actually, the word cliché is cliché because the dictionary definition of “cliché” is “a trite, stereotyped expression; a sentence or phrase, usually expressing a popular or common thought or idea, that has lost originality, ingenuity, and impact by long overuse, as sadder but wiser, or strong as an ox.[2] And yes, I know anime is “generic beauty”, but I don’t really care. I’ll draw what I want. Also, I do not trace. Now stop being douchebags and grow a vagina,[3] you idiots. Thanks~ <3.

[1] Gone With The Wind

[2] Dictionary.com

[3] Betty White

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay~ Feedback~
Please, no spamming or trolling! Like your elementary school teacher said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!